Science Day Shirts are still available for sale.
Since the year is 2020, the design is based upon an eye chart.
Shirts will be $15
If you would like to purchase a shirt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
All proceeds go to support Science Day.
Science Fair: 8:00 am
Invention Convention: 8:00 am
Sumo Robot Competition: 8:00 am
Speed Cubing Competition: 8:00 am
Design Challenge: 9:30 am (Grades K-5) and session 2 at 10:15 am (Grades 6-12)
The Worthington Science Day is designed to help students:
- Learn and practice critical thinking, inquiry, technological design and investigative skills.
- Learn research methods and encourage the development of research techniques - obtain data, keep a research log or notebook, learn graphing and develop conclusions.
- Foster imagination and creative thought.
- Develop organizational skills.
- Work independently as well as in a group.
- Enhance communications skills.
- Meet others interested in science study.
- Earn recognition for academic excellence.
This district wide event is open to students at all buildings and all grade levels (PK-12). There are three options for students to participate:
Science Fair: Students, K-12, conduct an experiment and present the results of their project.
Invention Convention: Students,K-8, recognized for using their creativity and imagination in developing new solutions to everyday problems.
Design Challenge: The K-12 competition provides students the opportunity to work on real world engineering challenges in a team environment.
Cubing Competition: Worthington’s first ever Speed Cube competition offers a free, fun and informal way to test your Rubik’s Cube puzzle solving abilities against other kids. Prizes will be awarded!”