Registration for 2019-2020 Courses is Open!
Worthington Schools offers a number of after school courses for elementary students.
Registration for all courses to be offered during the 2019-2020 school year opened August 21, 2019 and is proceeding on a rolling basis.
- Fall 2019: Monday, September 16 - Friday, November 15
- Winter 2020: Monday, January 13 - Monday, March 9
- Spring 2020: Friday, March 20 - Friday, May 8
To increase access to programs we are unable to offer in every school, selected programs are offered at later times. Those selected programs are:
Archery at Bluffsview
Golf at Granby and Worthington Park
Taekwondo/Karate at Wilson Hill
Fencing at Slate Hill (New Location)
Chinese at Kilbourne Middle School
Need Financial Assistance?
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for After School Programs. During the registration process in 6Crickets, you will be prompted to enter your student's school id number (available in Infinite Campus) to determine eligibility for a scholarship.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- BEGINNING DATES FOR WINTER TERM AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES: Unless otherwise noted, most winter classes begin the week of January 13, 2020.
- NO CLASSES WILL BE HELD if school is not in session or if students are dismissed early.
- CONFIRMATION OF ENROLLMENT WILL BE GIVEN by the program provider.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING THE CLASSROOM TEACHER, SCHOOL and, if applicable, CARE AFTER SCHOOL, IN WRITING , that their child is participating in an After School Program class, including the class name, time, and dates.
- PARENTS OF CHILDREN NOT ENROLLED IN CARE AFTER MUST plan to pick up their children no later than 5 minutes following the end of the class in which they are enrolled. This is a matter of simple courtesy for school staff and instructors – children of parents who do not follow this rule will be dismissed from the class.
- PICK-UP PROCEDURES: Custodians of buildings in which evening classes occur will unlock the designated entrance 10 minutes prior to the course start time; doors will be relocked 10 minutes after the course is scheduled to begin. Course instructors will escort students to the main entrance (or the entrance that was unlocked in the case of evening classes) at dismissal and remain with them until they are picked up. Due to the Care After programs, we cannot leave doors unlocked as we do during regular arrival and dismissal.
- WHILE THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM is coordinated by the Worthington School District, our providers are outside vendors who contract with the school district to offer their programs.
- THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM features after school enrichment programs, typically offered one day per week over a period of 6-8 weeks. It is distinct from Care After School, which offers daily childcare before and after school. For information about Care After School, please call 614-431-2266 or visit their website: https://www.careafterschool.com/ .
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide transportation to or from the After School Programs. We do, however, work to rotate programs among buildings to the greatest extent possible and to schedule programs with limited ability to move due to instructor and/or space constraints later in the day so students from other buildings are able to attend. Thank you for your understanding and patience if a program your child is really interested in is not scheduled to run at your school this session.
- REFUND POLICY: If the class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund (normally takes 2-3 weeks).
- QUESTIONS about the overall program and/or that the course instructor is not able to answer may be directed to Kelly Wegley, After School Program Coordinator (614)-450-6148 or email@example.com), or to Leah Baker (614)-450-6006 or firstname.lastname@example.org).