National Honor Society
Mallory Tecklenburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for the TWHS National Honor Society Service Log Template
What is National Honor Society?
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. As more than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have defined membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
What are the requirements to apply for the 2022-2023 school year?
- You must be at least a Junior.
- You must have a 3.5 unweighted cumulative GPA, as of October 31, 2022.
- You must have 5 teacher/coach recommendation signatures that reflect their opinion of your character and leadership.
- You must have completed 20 Service Hours (since freshman year).
- Please use the TWHS National Honor Society Service Log Template to track your service hours as you complete them.
Aspiring NHS Members:
Students who have a 3.5 unweighted cumulative GPA are awarded the opportunity to apply. Please check back during the 2022-2023 school year for specific application information.
Current NHS Members (Inducted in March 2022):
During your senior year, you are required to complete an additional 20 service hours to maintain your status as a NHS member and earn your cords for graduation. These 20 service hours must be new hours completed since your induction in March 2022 through March 2023.
Please log your hours on the TWHS NHS Service Hours Log.
Once your 20 new hours are completed, please share your Service Hours Log Google Sheet with Mrs. Tecklenburg (email@example.com) by February 28, 2023 at 3:05 pm.