Guidelines-When to Keep Your Child Home from School
Your child is too ill to go to school if he or she has any of the following symptoms:
· Temperature of 100 F or above by mouth (Student must stay home until he/she is fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication. In most cases this means the student will miss the following school day. Please understand fevers can reoccur within a 24 hour time period and this policy is in the best interest of all students.)
· Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours (Student must stay home for 24 hours to ensure these symptoms are gone before returning to school.)
· Shortness of breath or increased wheezing during normal activity
· Has a cough that interrupts normal activity
· Pain from an earache, headache, sore throat or recent injury
· Has yellow or green drainage from nose or eye(s)
· Rash over body or localized to one area of the body (A student who shows signs of a communicable disease exhibiting as a rash may return to school once the rash is gone or a doctor’s note is presented stating the student may return to school.)
· Fatigue that requires bed rest (common with flu-like symptoms)
· Signs of conjunctivitis such as red, crusty or swollen eyes (Student may return once symptoms have been treated and are gone or a doctor’s note is presented stating the student may return to school .)
If your child is ill, please do not send him/her to school to be checked by the school nurse. Such exposure may be harmful to the child as well as to the children with whom he/she comes in contact.
Please report all contagious diseases to the school office in order that the proper steps may be taken within the school to prevent the spread of disease.
If your child becomes ill, or is injured at school, you will be called and asked to come for him/her. We will be guided by information on the “Health Services” portion of your student’s Online Registration Summary. You are asked to supply that information on or before the start of school.If there are ever any changes to this information during the school year, please notify the school office immediately and make those changes online.
Reporting an Absence
Parents/Guardians must notify the school on the day a student is absent unless the office has been notified in advance. Lacking parental notification of an absence, the school office personnel will notify the parent of the student’s absence by telephone and/or email on the same day the student is absent.