- Students in grades 2-12 are given a district 'wscloud' email that will be used for student communication only.
- Students 2-12 will have email accounts (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Staff and students MAY have personal email accounts which are unique and separate accounts from those provided by the district.
Uses of Student Email
- Email can be a powerful communication tool for students to increase communication and collaboration.
- Students are encouraged to check their email at least once per day.
- Student may receive email from their teachers to communicate reminders, course content, pose questions related to class work, etc.
- Students may send email to their teachers with questions or comments regarding class
- Students may send emails to other students to collaborate on group projects and assist with school classes.
Student Email Permissions
- Wscloud email system controls whom email messages can be sent to and whom they can be received from.
- HS students can email HS students, MS students can email MS students, and both can email all staff
- HS and MS students cannot email elementary students, anyone outside the school domain
- HS and MS students cannot receive email from outside the school domain
- Elementary students can email other elementary students and all staff
- Elementary students cannot email anyone outside the school domain
- Elementary students cannot receive email from outside the school domain
General Email Guidelines for Students
- Below is a general summary of guidelines related to email.
- Email is to be used for school-related communication.
- Do not send harassing email messages or content.
- Do not send offensive email messages or content.
- Do not send email containing a virus or other malicious content.
- Do not send or read email at inappropriate times, such as during class instruction.
- Do not send email to share test answers or promote cheating in any way.
- Do not use the account of another person.
Student Emails to Staff
- Students are encouraged to email staff concerning school-related content and questions.
- Teachers will not be expected to answer
student email outside of their regular work day, although they certainly may do so. For example, an unanswered email to a teacher
would not excuse a student from turning in an
Monitoring and Filtering of Email
- Email that is sent within the District is monitored and filtered.
- Rules/filters are setup to monitor student email for profanity, harassment, and other inappropriate content.
- Student email that is identified as inappropriate will be blocked from delivery.
Expectation of Privacy
At any time and without prior notice, the school district reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review, and store any and all usage of the network and the Internet, as well as any information sent or received in connection with this usage. Because files remain the property of the school district, no one should have any expectation of privacy regarding such materials.
Parent Access to Student Email
Parents may use the Parent Account Recovery link. If the email the parent enters matches in our security system, the parent's userID and password as well as their child's userID and password are sent to the entered email address. In this way parents may access the student's Google account.