Registration for 2020-2021 Virtual Courses is Open!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting need for social distancing, Worthington Schools is partnering with 6Crickets to offer virtual enrichment programs for elementary students. 6Crickets has curated classes on a variety of topics, including engineering, robotics, life skills, math, yoga, dance, music production, French, and Spanish. Some of the providers are local providers and many have served Worthington in the past -- they have worked hard to create online classes.
If you have questions about offerings, please email email@example.com
Need Financial Assistance?
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for After School Programs. During the registration process in 6Crickets, you will be prompted to enter your student's school id number (available in Infinite Campus) to determine eligibility for a scholarship.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS - Applicable during face-to-face sessions only
- BEGINNING DATES FOR FALL TERM AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES: 09/21/2020.
- NO CLASSES WILL BE HELD if school is not in session or if students are dismissed early.
- CONFIRMATION OF ENROLLMENT WILL BE GIVEN by the program provider.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING THE CLASSROOM TEACHER, SCHOOL and, if applicable, CARE AFTER SCHOOL, IN WRITING , that their child is participating in an After School Program class, including the class name, time, and dates.
- PARENTS OF CHILDREN NOT ENROLLED IN CARE AFTER MUST plan to pick up their children no later than 5 minutes following the end of the class in which they are enrolled. This is a matter of simple courtesy for school staff and instructors – children of parents who do not follow this rule will be dismissed from the class.
- PICK-UP PROCEDURES: Custodians of buildings in which evening classes occur will unlock the designated entrance 10 minutes prior to the course start time; doors will be relocked 10 minutes after the course is scheduled to begin. Course instructors will escort students to the main entrance (or the entrance that was unlocked in the case of evening classes) at dismissal and remain with them until they are picked up. Due to the Care After programs, we cannot leave doors unlocked as we do during regular arrival and dismissal.
- WHILE THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM is coordinated by the Worthington School District, our providers are outside vendors who contract with the school district to offer their programs.
- THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM features after school enrichment programs, typically offered one day per week over a period of 6-8 weeks. It is distinct from Care After School, which offers daily childcare before and after school. For information about Care After School, please call 614-431-2266 or visit their website: https://www.careafterschool.com/ .
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide transportation to or from the After School Programs. We do, however, work to rotate programs among buildings to the greatest extent possible and to schedule programs with limited ability to move due to instructor and/or space constraints later in the day so students from other buildings are able to attend. Thank you for your understanding and patience if a program your child is really interested in is not scheduled to run at your school this session.
- REFUND POLICY: If the class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund (normally takes 2-3 weeks).
- QUESTIONS about the overall program and/or that the course instructor is not able to answer may be directed to Kelly Wegley, After School Program Coordinator (614)-450-6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Leah Baker (614)-450-6006 or email@example.com).