“The true aim of every one who aspires to be a teacher should be, not to impart his own opinions, but to kindle minds.” ~ F. W. Robertson
- Frontline Professional Growth - Log in with your wscloud.org email & district password; go to Activity Catalogs & then District Catalog
- PLAN (Professional Learning and Networking)
- Wednesdays and/or Thursdays all year long
- Sign up in Frontline Professional Growth (District Catalog)
- Learning Leaders Academies
- 2018 -- Save the Date: Wednesday, May 30th; featured presenters include Margaret Searle & Erik Francis
- 2017 -- Teaching to the Edges
- 2016 -- Being THEIR Hope: Building a Literacy-Rich Future AND Effective Grading & Feedback Actions to Drive Student Learning
- 2015 -- Shared Leadership, Shared Learning
- Ashland Courses (taught by Worthington adjuncts)
Teacher-Based Teams Toolkit
- Teacher-Based Team Implementation Guidance
- TBT Evolution
- Comparison of TBT Supports/Forms
- Another Sample Protocol (with a video): Analyze Student Work to Inform Instruction (courtesy of Edutopia)
- Doing What Works: The Doing What Works (DWW) Library houses interviews with researchers and educators, multimedia examples and sample materials from real schools and classrooms, and tools that can help educators take action. This resource is invaluable for step 3 of the 5-Step Process.
- BLT Meeting Plan with Suggested Focus by Month
- BLT Data Analysis Protocol
- Credit at a Glance (University, CEU, PAC)
- Video Resources
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (no password is needed if you are logged into the employee portal)
- Worthington Schools Professional Development Library
- NWEA MAP Resources
- Webinars to Support Instruction
- Achieve the Core -- monthly webinars focused on math & ELA/Literacy; check out "Who's Doing the Work: Shifting the Lift in ELA/Literacy and/or Math"
Other Available PD Outside of the District
- How to Attend a Workshop or Conference Using Professional Development Funds
- Battelle For Kids FIP Modules
- Ohio Leadership Advisory Council Modules (OLAC) (Instruction module updated Summer 2017; CEUs available)
- 4T Virtual Conferences -- FREE -- May 19-21, 2018
- Ashland Professional Development Services at the Columbus Center
- Ashland's PDS course offerings are updated weekly; click HERE to access the website.
- Please note that these courses (even if taught by a Worthington adjunct) are subject to a different fee structure.
- Working in Teacher-Based Teams courses available in partnership with Ohio Leadership Advisory Council
- OSU: Co-Planning and Co-Teaching (great course if you are considering working with a student teacher)
- OSU (Spring 2018, Ongoing)
- Developing Growth Mindset
- Meeting the Needs of ELL Students
- Intro to Career Tech Education
- Master of Arts & Graduate Certificate Program (NEW!)
- Educators In The Workplace (June 4-6, 2018) is a program allowing educators to make connections between business and education. Over the course of 3 days educators will tour local businesses in multiple career fields. These workplace experiences will result in a better understanding of workplace environments, complex technologies used, and employer expectations. Please click HERE to learn more.
- University of Phoenix Online Graduate Offerings (contact Kelly Wegley regarding the code for 10% tuition reduction)
- Population Education (online professional development courses for grades 6-12 science and social studies educators)
- INFOhio Webinar Recordings -- October 2016 was Googlebusters month, and archived webinars include "Google Tools for Math & Science" and "Transform Writing & Research with INFOhio and Google Apps."
- IDA Dyslexia Certificate