Destination Imagination (DI) is not just a program, it’s a life-changing process. Team members engage in innovative, creative problem solving, and teamwork all year long. Participants develop life-long skills that carry over into everyday life – but most of all, they have fun, discover talents they never knew they had, and reap the rewards of teamwork and friendship as they grow and learn.
Destination Imagination teams are dependent on parents serving as team coaches.
What does it take to be a great DI coach?
- Form a team of up to 7 students who want to participate in the program
- Arrange about 16 meetings throughout the DI season
- Follow the provided plans for each meeting (or make up your own)
- Step-back and watch the kids have fun!
Interested in forming a team?
- Review the Information on Becoming a DI Team Manager presentation
- Sign up here before the November 20, 2023 deadline
- Worthington Schools will cover the registration cost of your team, as well as regional and state tournament registration fees.
Interested in finding a team for your child?
Use this form to join the waitlist, or contact the Gifted Services Office by sending an email to Suzanne Palmer or calling (614) 450-6055.
The email should include:
- Child(ren)'s Name
- School & Grade Level(s) of each team member
- Parent contact information
Please note: It is not often that we are able to place students looking for a team, but we will do our best to find a team for your child(ren).