Winter Sports Information
Worthington Cardinal Middle School
1. Winter Sports Forms: The Worthington Athletic Departments have partnered with Final Forms, an on-line program which will enable you and your student to complete & file MOST athlete forms electronically. Your Emergency Card must be filled out for your child to participate in open gyms. A 2020/2021 Physical Form must be fully completed and turned into your home school prior to the first date of official practices or try-outs along with all other online forms. If you attend Phoenix Middle School the form should be turned into the middle school you would have attended if you did not go to Phoenix. The Participation Fee must be paid before the first regular season contest unless you have contacted Mr. Brunswick at KMS or Mr. Mosca at WWAY to come up with a payment plan. Get more information in the Final Forms Guide.
2. Athletic Participation Fees: Fees should be paid through your MyPaymentsPlus Account. If you want to pay by check, turn it into the school office with the student's name and sport in the memo line.
- $125 per sport ($62.50 if you are on reduced lunch and no cost if you are on free lunch)
- $85 cheerleading
- $5 fee that's paid once a year for Catastrophic Insurance
3. VISIT THE SPORTS TABS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON EACH SPORT!
Basketball Team Meeting-TBA
Basketball Picture Day-TBA
7th Grade Coach-Antoinette Jones- firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Coach- Jenerrie Harris- email@example.com
The current schedule is set up to allow the boys’ basketball teams to practice from 6:15 to 9:00 for the entire basketball season. Practices will not last more than 2 hours. Coaches will be giving out calendars once team is selected. Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting November. The boys will be committed to the basketball team on game days from 3:45 to as late as 9:00 pm. Please be sure you can make this kind of commitment BEFORE trying out for the team. There are open gyms listed below.
Pre-Season Team Meeting-TBA
Wrestling-Wrestling will begin Monday, November 2. We are a combined program with Kilbourne Middle School. Practices will be held at TWHS from 4:15 to 6:15; students will be shuttled to TWHS and are to be picked up there Monday through Friday. Matches are on Wednesday’s and Tournaments are on Saturday’s. Home matches are in the WWAY Gym. Interested students should have shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes or if know you will be staying with program all year wrestling shoes and also wrestling head gear, preferably red. Please email Coach Wojciechowski if you have any questions. Wrestlers will purchase team compression shirts and shorts for uniforms.
7th Grade Coach-Olivia Philpot/ firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Coach-Mr. Eric Bidlack/ email@example.com
The current schedule is set up to allow the girl’s basketball teams to practice from 4:00 to 6:00 for the entire basketball season. Coaches will be giving out calendars once team is selected. Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights. The girls will be committed to the basketball team on game days from 3:45 to as late as 9:00 pm. Please be sure you can make this kind of commitment BEFORE trying out for the team. There are open gyms listed below.
Open Gyms: 4-TBATryouts: TBAFirst Practice-TBABasketball Team Meeting-TBA
Basketball Picture Day-TBA
Head Coach-Ms. Riley Adamaitisfirstname.lastname@example.org
WWAY BASKETBALL CHEERLEADING TRYOUT Information 2019-2020
When: October 22, 23 and 24 from 4-6 pm
Athletes must attend both clinic day (Oct. 22 and 23) to be eligible for tryouts (Oct. 24)
Where: KMS GYM (WWAY girls will be shuttled to KMS)
KMS Address: 50 E Dublin Granville Road, Worthington-43085
All athletes must have a ride home promptly at 6 pm
Requirements for tryouts:
Appropriate workout attire (t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatpants, etc)
Hair pulled back and out of face
General information about the season:
- Athletes need an up to date physical as well as need to be on final forms BEFORE tryouts. Students will prior physicals will need their physicals to be valid through the end of November.
- Pay to play fee will need to be paid prior to the first game.
- Athletes will need to purchase necessary items to fulfil uniform requirements.
- Practices and games are on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- When games begin students will be expected to be at the school immediately after dismissal until the conclusion of the game.
Please feel free to call Bill Mosca (450-4300), Worthingway Athletic Director, if you have any questions.
We look forward to having a great winter sports season!