Winter Sports Information
Worthington Cardinal Middle School
1. Winter Sports Forms: The Worthington Athletic Departments have partnered with Final Forms, an on-line program which will enable you and your student to complete & file MOST athlete forms electronically. Your Emergency Card must be filled out for your child to participate in open gyms. A 2020/2021 Physical Form must be fully completed and turned into your home school prior to the first date of official practices or try-outs along with all other online forms. If you attend Phoenix Middle School the form should be turned into the middle school you would have attended if you did not go to Phoenix. The Participation Fee must be paid before the first regular season contest unless you have contacted Mr. Brunswick at KMS or Mr. Mosca at WWAY to come up with a payment plan. Get more information in the Final Forms Guide.
2. Athletic Participation Fees: Fees should be paid through your MyPaymentsPlus Account. If you want to pay by check, turn it into the school office with the student's name and sport in the memo line.
- $125 per sport ($62.50 if you are on reduced lunch and no cost if you are on free lunch)
- $85 cheerleading
- $5 fee that's paid once a year for Catastrophic Insurance
3. VISIT THE SPORTS TABS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON EACH SPORT!
4. Please note all information is tentative, once we have final decision from our league and OHSAA officials about start dates and guidelines we will have set dates and times to start our winter season.
Basketball Parent/Student Meeting on Sunday November 8 at 7:30pm; meeting will be virtual
Basketball Picture Day-November 13
7th Grade Coach-Antoinette Jones- email@example.com
8th Grade Coach- Jenerrie Harris- firstname.lastname@example.org
The current schedule is set up to allow the boys’ basketball teams to practice from 6:30 to 8:15 for the entire basketball season. Practices will not last more than 2 hours. Coaches will be giving out calendars once team is selected. Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting November. The boys will be committed to the basketball team on game days from 3:45 to as late as 9:00 pm. Please be sure you can make this kind of commitment BEFORE trying out for the team.
Open Gyms-October 26 and 28-7th Grade 6:00, 8th Grade 7:00 at Worthingway
Try outs-Week of November 2-Official dates,November 2, 4, 5, and 6 at Worthingway-Times-6:30 to 8:15
Practice-Starting November 9-6:30 to 8:15
Wrestling: Practice is scheduled to start on November 9.Wrestling Informational MeetingThursday, November 5th at 6:30 p.m.**Use the below Zoom link to join**
Wrestling-Wrestling will begin Monday, November 9. We are a combined program with Kilbourne Middle School. Practices will be held at TWHS from 4:15 to 6:15; students will be shuttled to TWHS and are to be picked up there Monday through Friday. Matches are on Wednesday’s and Tournaments are on Saturday’s. Home matches are in the Kilbourne Middle School Gym. Interested students should have shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes or if know you will be staying with program all year wrestling shoes and also wrestling head gear, preferably red. Please email Coach Wojciechowski if you have any questions. Wrestlers will purchase team compression shirts and shorts for uniforms.
Parent/Student Meeting on Sunday November 8 at 7:00pm; meeting will be virtual
7th Grade Coach-Austin Philpot- philpot@email@example.com
8th Grade Coach-Mr. Nathan Ramirezfirstname.lastname@example.org
The current schedule is set up to allow the girl’s basketball teams to practice from 4:00 to 6:00 for the entire basketball season. Coaches will be giving out calendars once team is selected. Games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights. The girls will be committed to the basketball team on game days from 3:45 to as late as 9:00 pm. Please be sure you can make this kind of commitment BEFORE trying out for the team. There are open gyms listed below.
Open Gyms: October 27-7th Grade/6:00 to 7:00; 8th Grade/7:00 to 8:00 and October 29/4:30 to 6:00Tryouts: November 2, 4, 5, and 6 at Worthingway from 4:30 to 6:15First Practice-November 9-4:30 to 6:15Basketball Picture Day-November 13
Head Coach-Ms. Riley Adamaitisemail@example.com
WWAY BASKETBALL CHEERLEADING TRYOUT Information 2020-2021
Try-Outs-October 26, 27, and 28 at Worthingway Middle School from 4:00 to 6:00
Requirements for tryouts:
Appropriate workout attire (t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatpants, etc)
Hair pulled back and out of face
General information about the season:
- Athletes need an up to date physical as well as need to be on final forms BEFORE tryouts. Students will prior physicals will need their physicals to be valid through the end of November.
- Pay to play fee will need to be paid prior to the first game.
- Athletes will need to purchase necessary items to fulfil uniform requirements.
- Practices and games are on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- When games begin students will be expected to be at the school immediately after dismissal until the conclusion of the game.
Please feel free to call Bill Mosca (450-4300), Worthingway Athletic Director, if you have any questions.
We look forward to having a great winter sports season!