Worthingway Boys' Basketball
6th-grade boys basketball workouts:
- We are excited to offer skill development workshops for any current 6th-grade boys who are interested in playing basketball for Worthingway next year!
- Workouts will be run by our 7th and 8th-grade coaches here at Worthingway on Saturday mornings in April.
- Current dates are 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, and 4/30 from 8AM-10AM in the Worthingway gym.
- Please reach out to 7th grade Coach Ann Jones: antoinettem.jones@
yahoo.com and 8th grade Coach Lori McCauley: mccauleylaw@gmail. com with questions.
8th Grade Coach
7th Grade Coach
Information from 2021-2022:
Parent Meeting: Wednesday 11/3 at 7:15PM
The current schedule is set up to allow the boys’ basketball teams to practice from 4:00-5:30 OR 5:45-7:15 for the entire basketball season. The practice schedule will rotate every 2 weeks. Coaches will be giving out calendars once the team is selected. Most games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting late November. The boys will be committed to the basketball team on game days from 3:45 to as late as 9:00 pm. Please be sure you can make this kind of commitment BEFORE trying out for the team.
- Open Gyms 7th Grade - 10/17, 10/24, 6 p.m. -7 p.m. at Worthingway
- Open Gyms 8th Grade - 10/17, 10/24, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. at Worthingway
- Tryouts- 10/25 & 10/26 from 6:00-8:00; and 10/28 from 4:00-6:00
- Practices start on 10/29 from 5:45-7:15 for 2 weeks then 4:00-5:30, alternating, as well as most Saturdays during the season
- Basketball Picture Day- November 8, 2021