What makes IB at WKHS worthwhile?
- Well-rounded: you will design a curriculum that is broad-based, promoting your ability to think and act effectively under many different circumstances
- International-minded: you will be challenged to consider the contributions of other cultures to the progress of human society -- and to understand how issues close to you can be affected by global influences and in turn have global significance
- Interdisciplinary: your teachers will strive to help you discover the connections between subject areas
- Inquiry-based: you will acquire knowledge primarily through the pursuit of answers to “real-world” questions and put that knowledge to work solving “real-world” problems
- Student-directed: often, you and other students will be required to initiate, design, and conduct the tasks that will lead to your learning
- Collaborative: you will often work together with other students to achieve your learning goals