Superior Science Fair Projects:
- Grade 2 - Samuel K Project: "Different Soils For Growing Plants"
- Grade 2 - Yashvi V Project: "Why do my apples turn brown?"
- Grade 2 - Peyton L, Phoenix L Project: "How Do You Light Up Play Dough?"
- Grade 2 - Louisa Y Project: "Exploding Cans!"
- Grade 4 - Manasvi N Project: "How Does Smell Affect Taste?"
- Grade 4 - Simon O, Julian P Project: "3D Printed And Programmed Rover"
- Grade 5 - Daniel T Project: "Do Wired Earpieces Emit More Radiation Than Wireless"
- Grade 5 - Alyssa T Project: "Food Energy"
- Grade 6 - Sara J Project: "Irish Dance Shoes: Which Surface Is Loudest?"
- Grade 6 - Rehn D Project: "The Dissolving Dilemma"
- Grade 6 - Ella C Project: "Can You Trust It? The Five Second Rule"
- Grade 6 - Girish L Project: "Effect Of Carbon Dioxide On Removing Sebum From The Skin"
- Grade 6 - Riley O Project: "Text...New Language?"
- Grade 7 - Cameron B, Jack S, Chris A Project: "How Do Different Liquids Affect Plant Growth?"
- Grade 7 - Alexandra J Project: "What'S In That Water?"
- Grade 7 - Ethan C, Noah H, Lennon K Project: "Are Childproof Caps Really Childproof?"
- Grade 7 - Dean P Project: "Unwasted Energy"
- Grade 7 - Logan R Project: "Resonance"
- Grade 7 - Layna H Project: "What Fabrics Burn The Quickest?"
- Grade 7 - Leah O Project: "When To Take Iron?"
- Grade 7 - John W Project: "Driving Is Exhausting"
- Grade 7 - Anna M, Vivian S, Tatum R Project: "Which Type Of Wood Loses The Most Weight When Burned"
- Grade 7 - Daniel C Project: "Digital Voice Analysis"
- Grade 7 - Katie N Project: "Household Enemies Of Wifi"
- Grade 7 - Conrad A Project: "Center Of Gravity On Paper Airplanes"
- Grade 7 - Logan M Project: "Forces, Energy, And The Machines That Use Them"
- Grade 8 - Samantha K Project: "The Deadliestly Accurate Chinese Shuriken"
- Grade 8 - Adrian C Project: "Is The Lift Of A Helicopter A Function Of Its Rotor Speed?"
- Grade 8 - Jerry G Project: "By What Degree Would The Efficiency Of A Solar Cell Is Influenced By The Change In A Certain Factor Of The Solar Cell?"
- Grade 8 - Alex C, Joshua I Project: "Which Design Is Best For The Egg Drop Project?"
- Grade 8 - Natalie L Project: "Which Dye Is Most Colorfast When Washed"
- Grade 8 - Ishayu C Project: "Electromagnets"
- Grade 8 - Ryleigh S, Lily C Project: "The Best Method For Learning"
- Grade 8 - Tiernan S, Harry M, Ryan R Project: "How Skateboard Bearings Affect The Boards Speed"
- Grade 8 - Ella S, Meghan K, Bryn B Project: "Germination Station"
- Grade 8 - Marina M Project: "The Effects Of Different Preparation Methods Of Vegetables On Their Vitamin C Content"
- Grade 8 - Erin F Project: "The Affects Of Microbial Inoculations On Soybeans"
- Grade 9 - Nidin R Project: "Auto Destination"
- Grade 9 - Luke F Project: "Pure Strategy Nash Equilibria"
- Grade 9 - Cameron S Project: "Which Ground-Covering Plant Sequesters Co2 And Produces O2 At The Fastest Rate?"
- Grade 9 - Abigail W Project: "Let'S Go Bananas: Using Fruits To Create Bioplastic"
- Grade 9 - Owen H Project: "How The Center Of Gravity On A Rocket Affects Its Flight"
- Grade 9 - James R Project: "Science Behind The Pinewood Derby Car"
- Grade 10 - Andrea N Project: "Effects Of Light Pollution On Pyrocystis Fusiformis"
- Grade 11 - Melissa Y Project: "IPSC Derived NK Cells With EGFR-CAR Against Glioblastoma"
- Grade 12 - Aniv R Project: "Analyzing Kodi Add-Ons For Security Vulnerabilities"
- Grade 12 - Nadia R Project: "The Effect Of Temperature On The Respiration Rate Of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae"
- Grade 12 - Thomas R Project: "T Effect Of Water Soluble And Insoluble Organic Fertilizer On The Growth Of Radishes"
All students in grade 5-12 that earned a "Superior" rating are invited to participate in the Central District Science Day.
Outstanding Energy Award presented by the Ohio Energy Project: Ishayu C., "Electromagnets"
Invention Convention Project at Worthington Science Day:
Qualifiers for the state Invnetion Convention:
- Grade 2 - Grace R. Invention: "Inflatapal"
- Grade 4 - London A. Invention: "Oobleck Armadillo Armor"
- Grade 6 - Claire R. Invention: "Stove-Topper"
- Grade 8 - Lucas M. Invention: "Litter Box Groomer"
Design Challenge Results:(top 3 in each category)
Age Group: K-2
- Lara C., Flora D., and Charlie N. - 6 paper clips X 110 inches = 660
- Nate C., Tate D., and Samuel K. - 5 paper clips X 112 inches = 560
- Alexa F., Stella G., and Ben S. - 5 paper clips X 87 inches = 435
Age Group: 3-5
- Timithee D., Dean M., and Gavin S. - 10 paper clips X 257 inches = 2570
- Owen G., and Teagan G. - 8 paper clips X 137 inches = 1069
- Jacob M., Henry S., and Owen S. - 8 paper clips X 135 inches = 1080
Age Group: 6-8
- Daniel C., and Ezra S. - 10 paper clips X 169 inches = 1690
- Leah A., Marissa M., and Spencer N. - 9 paper clips X 166 inches = 1494
- Ellie K., and Katie Ann T. - 10 paper clips X 102 inches = 1020
Cubing Results:(top 3 in each category)
- Zack F. - Avg: 5.083s
- Calvin B. - Avg: 5.09s
- Andrew F. - Avg: 5.55s
- Calvin B. - Avg: 17.49s
- Aaron C. - Avg: 20.15s
- Andrew F. - Avg: 20.47s
- Calvin B. - 1:07.73s
- Andrew F. - Avg: 9.3
- Patrick S. - Avg: 14.5s
- Sam S. - Avg: 14.6s
Anthony K., a fifth grader, was the winner of the fastest 3x3 K-5 solve, with an average of 42.94 seconds.
The Youngest Solves of the day went to Nate C (2nd grade). for his 2x2 solve, and Seth H., an 8-year-old third grader, for solving the 3x3. Congrats!
we have two cubes in lost and found. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim
Sumo Robitics Results:(top 3 in each category)
- Kelly P. and Elijah A.
- Charlie M., Kaelan Y., Calvin B., Ammaar M., and Avighna R.
- Mirabelle T., Olivia K., Lilly C., and Ava S.