Links and Phone Numbers For Assistance
During the summer break from school, here are community resources available if you are in need of mental health services for yourself or a family member.
If there is an emergency and you need to see or talk to someone right away, please:
- Talk to your parents or another trusted adult.
- Call Nationwide Children's Hospital Crisis Hotline (17 & younger) at 614-722-1800
- Call Netcare Crisis Hotline (18 and older) at 614-276-2273
- Call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or
- Text the Crisis Text line by sending a text message to 741741. (If you text “4hope” you should automatically be connected to someone in Ohio, but you can text anything - even just hello to get the conversation started.)
- If you are having an immediate emergency, please call 911.
- All of these options are available 24/7/365
If you are looking to be connected with an outside counselor for non-emergency mental health services, please utilize:
- Your pediatrician/ doctor for a referral
- Your insurance for approved provider lists
- Psychology Today’s search tool, or
- Ohio State University’s Community Provider Database search tool
- Ohio Mental Health Resource Guide for Franklin County