Transition services are coordinated by IEP team members to assist families and students in the transition from high school to adulthood. Comprehensive plans based on students preferences, interests, need and strengths are developed to help move students toward successful future outcomes in competitive and integrated employment, education, and independent living. Through the transition planning process families and students are introduced to resources that may be important as students move from school to post school activities.
Transition services may include:
- Transition Courses
- Instruction in Employability/soft skills
- Career & Technical Education through Delaware Area Career Center
- Consultative services for future planning
- Exploration of Postsecondary options
- Agency referral assistance