The Worthington Schools trains students and staff in the concepts of ALICE.
- Alert-Be aware of signs of danger
- Lockdown-lf evacuation is not safe, barricade entry points
- Inform-Communicate the violent intruders location in real time
- Counter-Create Noise, Movement, Distance and Distraction with the intent of reducing the shooter's ability to shoot accurately.
- Evacuate-When it is safe, remove yourself from the danger zone.
Our partners in law enforcement provide training to staff and these concepts are taught to students in an age-appropriate way beginning in kindergarten.
Our school staff complete regular drills that include fire, tornado, lock out, lock down and evacuation to rally points.
Our district also has a reunification plan in place should we need to reunite students with their families off site.
We have many other strategies in place to keep students safe in our schools that we are unable to describe in this format.