Mrs. Natalie FeiSchool Counselor(614) firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter @NatalieFeiHABLO ESPANOL
Beliefs and Philosophies
The Worthington School Counseling Program is based upon the belief that:
- All students are valuable and treated with dignity and respect.
- All students can be challenged to develop their full potential.
- All students can build personal resiliency and adapt to our continually changing world.
- All students have opportunities to promote self-direction and self-development.
- All students have the right to make choices and accept responsibility for choices made.
- All students can expect that school is a safe and nurturing environment.
The mission of the Worthington School Counseling Program is to prepare every student academically, socially, and emotionally for present and future challenges. Counselors work as a student advocate in collaborative partnerships with students, educators, families, and community members to empower students to reach their highest level as productive members of society.
Explanation of ServicesStudent Services
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Grief and Loss
- Crisis counseling
- Peer mediation & conflict resolution
- Classroom guidance curriculum (time management, learning styles, study skills, sexual harassment, bullying, internet safety, decision making, and career exploration)
- Goal setting & problem solving
- Course scheduling/transitioning from elementary to middle school and middle school to high school
- Academic mentoring and monitoring
- Orientation & support of new students
- Providing resources on topics such as study skills, alcohol and other drugs, depression, stress, etc.
- Parent education workshops
- Parent consultation with specific student questions or concerns
- Academic planning
- Intervention Assistance Team (IAT)
- Resource referrals: academic, community & mental health resources
- Testing support, analysis, and interpretation