After School Programs
Winter Registration opens December 12, 2018
Winter 2019 (1/7/19 - 3/1/19) After School Programs begin Monday, January 7, 2019. Worthington Schools offers a number of after school courses for elementary students.Starting with the Fall 2018 session, Worthington Schools adopted a one-stop, online registration platform called 6crickets. 6crickets was created by parents seeking to bring the best enrichment activities to children through the best technologies for parents/guardians, providers, and schools. We believe this platform will improve communication among parents/guardians, providers, and school personnel and will streamline the registration process.Getting StartedRegistration will open Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at Worthington After School Programs, and we will post an overview of courses available prior to that. At the 6crickets site, there is a search bar at the left where you can enter your school, the enrichment provider name, or the class subject/theme.If you find yourself at the main portal, please enter Worthington Schools under Enrichment at My School.Please note that After School Program providers will be making decisions about whether they have sufficient enrollment to run classes by December 31, 2018, so please do not wait to register.Need Financial Assistance?A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for After School Programs. After registration opens and you know what course your child would like to take, pease click HERE to indicate interest and to enter contact information so we can get in touch with further details.
Want to plan ahead?
Click HERE for Spring 2019 After School Program Dates.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- BEGINNING DATES FOR FALL TERM AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES: Unless otherwise noted, most classes begin the week of January 7, 2019. No classes will be held if school is not in session or if students are dismissed early.
- ENROLLMENT POLICY: Registration is not complete until payment is received. In the event that the enrollment limit for a class is reached, students whose fees are paid will be given priority over students from whom fees are still due.
- NO CONFIRMATION WILL BE GIVEN for your child’s enrollment. Plan to attend the first class unless we have notified you that a class has been cancelled.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING THE CLASSROOM TEACHER, SCHOOL and, if applicable, CARE AFTER SCHOOL, IN WRITING , that their child is participating in an After School Program class, including the class name, time, and dates.
- PARENTS OF CHILDREN NOT ENROLLED IN CARE AFTER MUST plan to pick up their children no later than 5 minutes following the end of the class in which they are enrolled. This is a matter of simple courtesy for school staff and instructors – children of parents who do not follow this rule will be dismissed from the class.
- PICK-UP PROCEDURES: Custodians of buildings in which evening classes occur will unlock the designated entrance 10 minutes prior to the course start time; doors will be relocked 10 minutes after the course is scheduled to begin. Course instructors will escort students to the main entrance (or the entrance that was unlocked in the case of evening classes) at dismissal and remain with them until they are picked up. Due to the Care After programs, we cannot leave doors unlocked as we do during regular arrival and dismissal.
- WHILE THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM is sponsored by the Worthington School District , it must be self supporting. Class fees are our only source of income.
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide transportation to or from the After School Programs. We do, however, work to rotate programs among buildings to the greatest extent possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience if a program your child is really interested in is not scheduled to run at your school this session.
- REFUND POLICY: If the class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund (normally takes 2-3 weeks).
- QUESTIONS about the overall program and/or that the course instructor is not able to answer may be directed to Kelly Wegley, After School Program Coordinator (614-450-6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Leah Baker (614-450-6088 or email@example.com).