Return to Headlines
Find out answers to frequently asked questions about the Facilities Planning Process
Worthington School District
Facilities Planning Process
Facilities Planning Process
Questions & Answers
1. What is the purpose of the Facility Master Planning Process?
• The primary purpose of this planning process is to ensure that Worthington Schools facilities have the ability to meet the district’s educational needs today and in the future. This will involve facilities adaptable enough to accommodate a variety of educational approaches and strategies.
• The facility planning process is a systematic approach for making educational and facility decisions that will have a long-term impact for Worthington Schools.
• Each level of the planning process is designed to build on the previous level, providing both the data and the means to promote joint decision-making.
2. Why is a Facilities Planning Process being done?
• In order to protect our residents’ investment in our schools, we analyze the way we do business to ensure we deliver on the quality and efficiency our community expects, including our school buildings.
• The district engaged construction and school facilities experts to analyze the efficiency of our school buildings – both from a financial and educational standpoint. The research revealed that our buildings, ranging in age from 25 to 50 years old, while some are in great shape and are in need of some minor maintenance, others could potentially use extensive renovation or even replacement.
• Worthington Schools student enrollment is growing and managing this increase has impacted our school buildings.
3. How long will the Facilities Planning Process process take?
• The analysis, community engagement and planning portion of the Facilities Planning Process is scheduled with milestone dates beginning August 2016 and ending May 2017. However, the Facility Master Plan is a document that will evolve over time with changes in demographics and other factors that impact facilities.
4. How will facility scenarios be explored and developed?
• Scenarios will be explored and developed by reviewing and analyzing historical and projected district educational and facility information
• Reviewing building condition information
• Overlaying Educational Framework on individual schools
• Soliciting input from District Level and Task Force members
5. Will attendance boundaries change?
• It is possible that boundaries may change. However, until all information has been vetted through the scenario exploration phase, it is uncertain what the task force may recommend.
6. What is the Facilities Planning Task Force?
• The Task Force is a broad cross section of the community including parents, teachers, administrative staff, and residents and has the important task of facilitating the development of the Master Facilities Plan. In between community meetings, this group of residents will meet to review, analyze and help guide the process and development of a plan. The participants were not selected by the school district, rather, the district asked various school, community and civic groups to provide us with citizens that would represent their group.
FOR MUCH MORE INFORMATION, VISIT THE FACILITY PLANNING PROCESS PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE: